Why does my iPhone go slowly? Tricks to make your Apple device run faster
iPhones always seem to feel slower after a couple of years.
While many assume it’s just the phone getting old, that might not actually be the case.
Apple reveals release date of the iMac Pro – an insanely powerful and expensive desktop computer
In fact it’s possible that if your iPhone is running slow – it could be down to a number of things completely separate to the functioning capacity of your device.
Here are some things to double check if a slow iPhone is the bane of your life right now.
However, if your phone is slow and still within warranty (and the issue isn’t below) take it back.
1) You haven’t got enough space – delete some photos, text messages, music and videos
2) Your IOS is out of date – if your phone supports the newest version of IOS, updating should make things run a faster. Of course it only works with a newer iPhone as some older versions can’t handle a more demanding operating system
3) You haven’t turned off your phone in a while – this is good to clear things up
4) You’ve got too many apps – If you are pushing your phone’s memory to the limit it’ll slow down. Try deleting things you don’t need
5) You’ve got too many apps running – double click the home screen and close all the apps by swiping upwards. That should free up some capacity
6) You’ve got automatic downloads turned on – turn this off through settings, then General, then turn Background App Refresh off. Also turn off Updates under Settings, iTunes, Updates
7) You haven’t cleared your cookies in a while – again this takes up a lot of space. Clearing them out and starting again should help
8) Your phone can’t handle the graphics – enable Reduce Motion by going to Settings, then General, then Accessibility, then switch ‘Reduce Motion’ to on. If it is still slow you can also put Increase Contrast and Reduce Transparency to On
9) Too many apps are using location settings – turn some off to free up your iPhone through Settings, Privacy, Location Services
MORE: WhatsApp just got a lot ruder and sensitive people will not be happy about it
MORE: Can we please stop judging other parents over how much they spend at Christmas?
The post Why does my iPhone go slowly? Tricks to make your Apple device run faster appeared first on News Wire Now.